This Is Me.

This Is Me.


   Sometimes I feel like humans, in general, are mostly just difficult to love. I am no exception. I have made mistakes and have numerous flaws. I can be the most annoying and have the ability to lose control of what comes out of my mouth. Even through all these flaws and bothersome traits, I was made by a God who has no trouble loving me, even through it all. 

   So, this is me: I like my music so loud that I can’t hear myself think. My playlist goes from rock to country and has everything in between. I love spending time in old record stores because it holds the best forms of escape from this world. God made me love music so much that I sing almost constantly. You may be thinking that this means I have an amazing angelic voice… that would be wrong. My ever-present singing will most definitely be off-key the majority of the time. I also like to have lively dance parties, even if there’s no music to go with it.

   I watch so much Friends I could (and do) quote the entire thing at any given moment. I am an insane Vikings fan and would marry Adam Thielen if he wasn’t already taken. I almost never wear makeup because it annoys me, and I rarely do my hair because that’s just a lot of work (lol). I love to run but will run the farthest when I’m angry or stressed. I eat way too much of everything but have an obsession with popcorn, Nutella, and pie.

   I talk fast about nothing and about everything. I tend to ramble on even when people have stopped listening. I drink more coffee than should be legally allowed for humans to consume on a daily basis. I love late nights and I’m overly crabby in the morning hours. I’ll take star gazing over watching the sun come up any day of the week.

   I scream and run when I see a spider or most other crawly things. I will most definitely have to hold your hand when watching any sort of scary movie; even if you don’t think it’s scary at all, just assume I’ll be terrified. Though this may make me sound like a wimp who should just hide in a closet, I strive to be fearless. Fearless of whatever the world is going to throw at me. It is my passion and calling to be a police officer. God called me on this mission and saying no because of fear is something I refuse to do. I will run towards every cry and every fight because God is on my side. Because of that, what do I really have to fear?

   I love my family more than anyone or anything in the entire world. I would die for them without a second thought. They are the people I turn to for anything and everything and sometimes I might care too much about what they think of me. I am the most immature with my little sister and she is the only one who will ever understand that side of me. They all got me this far in life and I need every single one of them to survive this world. They are ones who taught me to put God and Jesus first and for that, I will be forever grateful.

   I follow Jesus with every part of me because He makes me who I am. I would be even more of a mess if it weren’t for Him. He is my savior and my leader. I choose Him daily; now and always.

   Yes, I do dumb things and I make mistakes, I don’t always make the right choices and I don’t always love others like they should be loved. But this is who I am. This is who I’ve been created to be. God made me. He made me into this person who will always be growing and learning and restarting. But He loves me in spite of everything. And for that, I am forever grateful.


Comments

  1. Wow, I really love this! Props to you for being willing to share!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Control

Identity